keskiviikko 29. heinäkuuta 2015

Dell Latitude E6420 upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Windows 10 came available earlier today (on July 29th). I wanted to see if it was possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to the latest from Microsoft - Windows 10.

The first thing to do was to force Windows 7 to download and start install of Windows 10. Read my blog to see how the trick is done.

The rest was not in my hands. Windows 10 setup program took over. There was nothing one could do but pray. It took longer than normally since there were many applications, files and folders in my Windows 7. In addition I had four accounts. Setup went on smoothly. Finally, Windows 10 was there.

Below you can see my Desktop before and after. Not very surprising? Yes, I guess it's not. However the gotcha was to find out whether Windows 10 would install on top of Windows 7 or not. Well, there you have it. I must admit I hate the idea of registry which is in poor condition. And that's what worries me now. If my Dell doesn't work as quick as it did when Windows 7 was there then I have to make a fresh install of Windows 10.

Before

After

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti